Register Now! Molecular Parasitology & Vector Biology Symposium
Registration is now open for the 29th Annual Molecular Parasitology & Vector Biology Symposium hosted by the Center for Tropical and Emerging Global Diseases. It will be held on Wednesday, May 1, 2019, at The Georgia Center on the University of Georgia campus in Athens, GA.
This day-long regional conference on parasites and host/parasite interaction draws more than 200 attendees from many departments at UGA and colleagues from other institutions throughout the United States.
As CTEGD is celebrating its 20th anniversary, 4 outstanding alumni have been invited to give spotlight presentations throughout the day in addition to the oral presentations from graduate students, postdocs, and senior researchers.
Invited Alumni Speakers:
- James Morris, mentored by Kojo Mensa-Wilmot, is a professor in the Department of Genetics and Biochemistry at Clemson University.
- Matthew Collins, mentored by Rick Tarleton, is an assistant professor in the Division of Infectious Diseases at Emory University School of Medicine
- Tiffany Weinkopff, mentored by Patrick Lammie, is an assistant professor in the Department of Microbiology and Immunology at the University of Arkansas’s College of Medicine.
- Marc-Jan Gubbels, mentored by Boris Striepen, is a professor in the Department of Biology at Boston College.
Oral and Poster Presentations
Graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and other researchers are invited to present their research in either an oral or poster presentation. Abstracts for these presentations are due by April 12. During registration, please select Poster or Speak. An email will be sent to you with instructions on submitting your abstract. Please keep the following in mind when preparing your submission:
- All abstracts must be submitted online by April 12, 2019, via the link in the email you received after registering.
- Abstracts should include Title, Author(s), and Affiliation(s).
- Abstracts should be 300 words or less, excluding title, author(s), and affiliation(s).
- Notification of submission will be emailed to you.
- Note: there has been issues of special characters (i.e. α and γ) not displaying in the submitted abstract. Therefore, please note the use of special characters by spelling out the word next to the symbol, e.g. IFN-γ (gamma) or β (Beta). The correction will be made during the editing process.
- Abstracts will be published online by Wednesday, April 24.
Cost & Register
There is no cost to attend the Symposium or the full catered lunch, but registration is required.
Hotel Rooms: For those wishing to stay overnight, reservations can be made at The Georgia Center Hotel. The Holiday Inn is also nearby.
Register here: http://register.ctegd.uga.edu/
For more information: https://ctegd.uga.edu/events/symposium/