Pivot Funding Database
Pivot is a grant-finding database funded by UGA’s Office of the Vice President for Research which makes identifying potential funding sources much easier. Pivot is divided into two sections: Funding and Profiles. Funding allows searching and setting up alerts for funding opportunities, and Profiles allows you to “claim” your personal profile and update your information. You will need to create an account to use these features.
- Direct Link to Database: https://pivot.proquest.com/
- Creating an Account: https://pivot.proquest.com/register
- NOTE: You will need to either be on campus *or* use your UGA email account to register.
Funding: Basic Searching
Pivot can be searched by a variety of ways, such as topic, funding agencies, deadline, researcher demographics, etc.:
- Click on the ‘Funding’ tab;
- At the top of the screen you’ll see a ‘Search funding opportunities’ search box. Click on the ‘Advanced Search’ link under the box;
- Fill out the appropriate fields to construct your search. You can add in more search terms (residency requirements, funding type) and also exclude terms and/or requirements at the bottom of the screen.
Funding: Setting Up Alerts
- To receive alerts when your search brings back new or updated results: run the search, then click on ‘Save Search’ at the top of the results screen
- To receive alerts when a particular funding opportunity is updated, click on the checkbox from the list and choose ‘Set to Active’ or ‘Track’
- Turn off or edit alerts on your Pivot homepage under ‘Options’ and under the ‘Preferences’ menu under your name
- To receive deadline reminders, go under your Preferences menu
If you prefer not to receive alerts as emails, you may mark specific funding opportunities as ‘Active’ or ‘Track’ within your Pivot account. They’ll display on your Pivot homepage when you login.
NIH Funding Opportunities
The National Institutes of Health offers a number of different grants, contracts, and programs to fund your research and training activities. Subscribe to their Guide to Grants and Contracts. You can also view all Parent Announcements. The NIH Request for Proposal (RFP) Directory lists contract opportunities.
NSF Funding Opportunities
The National Science Foundation offers funding opportunities for a variety of disciplines including Ecology and Evolution of Infectious Diseases.
UGA Research Matters
Sign up for UGA’s monthly newsletter Research Matters for research news and other announcements including funding opportunities.