Business Manager III (Posting # S04814P)
This position has a high level of responsibility and aids the department head in day-to-day operations of the Center for Tropical and Emerging Global Diseases. The incumbent represents the CTEGD Director in fiscal matters in his/her absence. This position serves as liaison between the department head and other University officials relating to fiscal affairs or business operating procedures. Overall duties include but are not limited to: management of professional, fiscal and administrative work in planning, organizing, leading and controlling the fiscal, instructional, HR and logistical activities of the unit; project financial needs and oversee instructional budget, manage approved budget; prepare reports and provide information to Department Head or to College; supervise office staff, hire personnel and process paperwork for all new employees; serve as payroll representative for department; serve as departmental staff liaison for other units on campus; provide assistance to faculty and staff regarding interpretation and clarification of policies and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting rules, regulations and procedures as well as business, budget and financial processes and practices.
- Extensive knowledge of UGA HR and Payroll rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Work independently on complex issues related to day-to-day operations of a large unit.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to interact with a variety of disciplines at all levels, exercising tact, confidentiality, sound judgment, diplomacy, and flexibility to promote positive working relationships and job effectiveness.
- Organizational, analytical and management skills with the ability to follow through onassignments with minimal direction.
- Act independently and exercise judgment with sensitivity to identify matters that involve higher-level management consultation.
- Present a positive, professional and helpful attitude and to work as a team member.
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures and to propose solutions to problems.
- Human Resource Management
- Manage daily operations of the department
- Financial Management
- Grants Management
- Special Projects
Scientific Data Specialist (Posting # S04516P)
The Scientific Data Specialist triages, processes, and curates data and additional software tools for an online database resource, ClinEpDB.org. Works with data providers and developers to interpret and integrate methodologies, ensure accurate semantic representation and determine functional software requirements. He/she ensures adherence to technical, quality assistance, data integrity and security standards. May also plan, organize and manage small projects.
- Junior Level: Degree or equivalent in Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics or related field, with work experience, preferably involving infectious disease epidemiology, maternal and child health and/or biostatistics. Effective data management skills including file processing, an understanding of clean data principles and basic univariate measures; experience with data analysis applications (R, SAS, STATA) and relational databases is a plus.
- Senior Level: Degree or equivalent in Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics or related field, with work experience, preferably involving infectious disease epidemiology, maternal and child health and/or biostatistics. Effective data management skills including file processing, an understanding of clean data principles and basic univariate measures; experience with data analysis applications (R, SAS, STATA) and relational databases is a plus.
- The incumbent will need to be accurate and have computer knowledge and science background. If they are not accurate with the reporting data, this could impact future funding and could tarnish the reputation of the University and the awarding agency.
- Triage & process datasets according to established data processing pipelines.
- Interface with ontologists to develop web display hierarchies and establish consistent terminologies.
- Interpret and integrate epidemiologic methodologic details into data resource. Review scientific literature related to study data.
- Perform quality assurance testing including appropriate data representation and processing. Interact with data providers to make certain data and representations are correct. Assess and provide insight on new tools for analyses or data presentation.
Program Coordinator II (Posting # S01588P)
Program Coordinator position in a moderate sized, highly dynamic and productive research lab working in immunity to human parasitic infections using primarily mouse models. The individual will have to coordinate specific research projects and general lab functions. Duties will include coordinating budgets for multiple projects, meeting planning, agenda prep, travel arrangement, and scheduling. The incumbent will also assist in preparation of meeting and grant reports as well as manuscript and presentation prep. Project administration will also be performed (tracking work duties, data/results storage). Will also be assisting in the various permitting procedures required for a biomedical lab.
Completion of a master’s degree with 2 years of related experience; OR completion of a bachelor’s degree and 4 years of related experience.
Very good writing and presentation skills needed.
Experience in the biological sciences required.
Comfort with data storage and analysis preferred.